[Samba] Profiles and local profile copy

Aton aton at skyenet.net
Tue Sep 24 03:01:01 GMT 2002

Hello.

Whenever I attach a 2000 Pro workstation to a Samba server, a directory is created under the user's home directory called "profile", and the local profile syncs with this directory. Its not usually bothersome until someone leaves 2 GIG of data on their desktop and when they logoff, Windows syncs the entire 2 GIG of data to the server. How do I disable this? Attaching a 2000 Pro machine to a 2000 server doesn't yeild the same results, you have to explicitly turn on remote profiles.

Thanks alot!