[Samba] DNS server and printing.

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Mon Sep 23 23:37:00 GMT 2002

Don't know much about Dos printing, but:
What format do the dos client drivers deliver the print job to samba in?
Just saying use client drivers doesn't mean your server won't try to filter
it if it goes to the wrong queue, I THINK.
What type of queue is accepting the print jobs on the samba server?

Post:
Your printcap file.
The printer filter, if any.
Your smb.conf file.
The fact that the printer setup is being printed suggests that the job is
not being formatted properly for your printer. After all, why doesn't the
printer realize this is setup data and not your document?
Joel