[Samba] Weird problem all of a sudden

simon at stjamesthegreat.org simon at stjamesthegreat.org
Mon Sep 23 18:02:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

We have been using Samba for a couple of years without too many problems :-)

However this morning about 11 out of 65 machines wouldn't access one of our
three servers with the error message "\\Deepspace is not accessible. The
computer or sharename could not be found. Make sure you typed it correctly."

These same machines can access the other two servers so I'm thinking its not a
network problem.  Other machines can happily access the problem server so that
must still be working. So what got broke over the weekend when school was
empty ?

The nmbd log has the following errors:

[2002/09/23 18:50:22, 0] nmbd/nmbd_responserecordsdb.c:find_response_record(238)
  find_response_record: response packet id 24 received with no matching record.
[2002/09/23 18:50:22, 0] nmbd/nmbd_responserecordsdb.c:find_response_record(238)
  find_response_record: response packet id 26 received with no matching record.

or similar for each request.

Many thanks for your time

Simon Kelsall.