[Samba] windows nt4 sp6 crashes when logging in

r.hauke at babelfish.samba.org r.hauke at babelfish.samba.org
Mon Sep 23 13:58:01 GMT 2002

hello list,

i am running samba 2.2.5 (compiled with --with-ldapsam) with ldapsam backend
(openldap 2.0.23) as pdc under debian testing distribution. joining the
domain works fine! when i login win nt tells me that it only found a low
bandwith network connection (although it's 100mbit) and asks me if i
want to download the profile! when i affirm win nt reports that it couldn't
download the profile (since it wasn't stored yet), but then crashes instead
of loading the local profile! blue screen message is "the system process
windows logon process terminated unexpectedly".

any ideas what i can do?

thanks in advance,
r.hauke