[Samba] Trouble with Samba/RH 7.3

Anthony Abby anthonyabby at aplusdata.com
Mon Sep 23 11:30:01 GMT 2002

I'm having trouble connecting to a share I created on my Redhat 7.3 box,
from my Windows XP workstation.  I had set it up earlier on a FreeBSD
4.6 server and was able to connect to it from a Windows 2000
workstation, but can not seem to get it right here at home.

Here's my smb.conf file.....

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2002/09/20 19:25:46

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = APLUSDATA
	netbios name = LAPTOP
	server string = laptop
	security = SHARE
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	name resolve order = host bcast
	local master = No
	lock dir = /tmp/samba
	guest account = anthony

[share]
	comment = Samba Share
	path = /share
	read only = No
	guest ok = Yes

I created a share in the root directory... /share, which right now is
set to 0777.

When I try to connect via //laptop/share or //192.168.1.100/share I get
"The network path was not found".  Checked the pertinent log files, but
found nothing relevant there.  Could someone point me in the right
direction?  Thanks for any help.

Anthony