[Samba] Problems Using SAMBA as Fileserver

Oliver Six o.six at cahos.net
Mon Sep 23 11:06:01 GMT 2002

Martin Elshuber wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've set up Samba 2.2.5 as Fileserver, using w2k clients, and all works well, nearly!
> But there is one Problem!
>
> I cannot work with mp3-files!
> I can play a mp3; I can copy a mp3; I can even delete a mp3; But it is not possible to rename a mp3 or change the TAG.
>
> Everytime i try to do this, my w2k mashine says "Access denied! Mybe file open!", but no one works on this file (no winamp,
> kazaa, ...)!
> Trying to do this on a linux console works fine, too!
>
> If the file has another extension i don't have any Problems.
>
> I think this is a very strange Problem!
> Perhaps someone has an idea how to slove this.
>
> Thanks Martin

Hi Martin,

if you can rename the file on the command line, try to turn off web view
in windows explorer.

Bye Oliver

--
Good programming is 40% experience, 30% skill, 20% RTFM, 10% caffeine,
and 5% attention to detail.

Oliver Six, CEO
CAHOS GmbH, Cimbernstr. 51, Germany 81377 Muenchen
Phone +49 89 71 01 93 41,  Fax +49 89 71 01 93 42