[Samba] Config files of Samba Server - what else

Philipp Prause sambalist at phipra.com
Mon Sep 23 08:00:05 GMT 2002

Hi,

I want to have a second "backup" installation of a samba server on the same machine
for testing purposes (on a different partition).

Samba 2.2.5 on SuSE 8.0 (Kernel 2.4.18-4GB standard SuSE),
Samba being domain controller & master browser for WinNT 4.0 clients.

When System1 worked, I wanted to copy the whole samba configuration to System2.

I copied to System2:

/etc/samba/*
/etc/inetd.conf
/etc/users
/etc/passwd
/etc/groups
The users' roaming profiles, the netlogon and print$ shares.

When I wanted to log on to System2 from a Windows NT client, i first got "a low
bandwidth connection was found, do you want to use your local profile?" and then "a
domain controller could not be found".

Ok, System2 is samba 2.2.4, but I thought this shouldn't make such a difference?
(this was the reason for the test anyway)

Are there samba-related files anywhere else?
(Would also be nice to know that for backup...)

Thanks

Philipp