[Samba] How to automate SMBMNT

lloydl lloydl at cat..co.za
Mon Sep 23 06:20:59 GMT 2002

Hi there,

How do I automate smbmnt so that when logging on, it mounts the required
shared directories on an NT4.0 file system using the user name and
password I used t gain access to the GUI ?

I s this possible. I am currently running Network Neighborhood and have
been using this application for access but this requires that I scan
mount and log-on again before gaining access to that share. I would like
to be able to add a shortcut to the desktop that will give me access to
that the share as well. Is this at all possible ?

thanks
Lloyd
Intervid Technologies