[Samba] Samba-3.0 PDC

Hesham S. Ahmed zlinux2002 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 22 13:08:22 GMT 2002

I recently downloaded samba-3.0alpha19 and installed
and configured it as a PDC, but I cannot add Windows
2000 client to the samba domain, I get "The parameter
is incorrect" message. The same setup was working fine
with alpha18. Has anyone tested samba-3.0alpha19 PDC
functionality? I tried using ldap backend first and
then switched to smbpasswd file but still no luck.
Here is my smb.conf

[global]
	workgroup = HEAD2
	netbios name = sambapdc
	server string = Samba 3.0-alpha19
	security = USER
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	update encrypted = No
	min passwd length = 5
	map to guest = Bad User
	null passwords = No
	obey pam restrictions = No
	password server = *
	smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
	private dir = /usr/local/samba/private
	use spnego = No
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 64