[Samba] smbfs and 1500 files

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Sun Sep 22 09:29:01 GMT 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Egidijus Antanaitis wrote:

> Mounted a smbfs filesystem from windows 2000 server. I am not able to list
> about 1500 files in the mounted directory, the other directories are OK. The
> error I've got:
>
> smb_proc_readdir_long: name=, result=-2, rcls=1, err=123

The server hates you.

This patch includes a change to findfirst/findnext, used to list
directories, to make them look almost the same as win2k:

http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/smbfs-2.4.19-rc1-ALL.patch.gz

This is known to fix a problem with randomly missing files from win2k
listings (but one failure report with NT4).

There is some other stuff in there too so be careful when you test it.
Please report back how it works.

/Urban