[Samba] pam_winbind

David Leuser II dleuser at newhampton.org
Sat Sep 21 14:17:00 GMT 2002

you can add a parameter to your smb.conf, i think it's
winbind use default domain = yes

someone shared this with me a while back, now I can omit all the "DOMAIN"
and delimmeter garbage and it works awesome!  you need to have a build of
samba that supports it, i don't know at which version they started
implementing (my rh 7.2 didn't )

cj at itonsite.com.au writes:
>Would any one know what these errors are and how they are created?
>I am using pam_winbind in my system-auth file.
>But when I try and telnet onto the machine, I get this error message in
>the
>log.
>
>Sep 18 16:41:47 yamin pam_winbind[1160]: request failed, PAM error was 4,
>NT
>error was NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER
>Sep 18 16:41:47 yamin pam_winbind[1160]: internal module error (retval =
>4,
>user = `cj'
>
>Thanks
>
>--

David M. Leuser, II
Assistant Network Administrator
New Hampton School
(603) 744-3182 x121
dleuser at newhampton.org
"Picture the root account as a magic hat that gives you lots of power,
with which you can, by waving your hands, create or destroy entire cities.
Because it is easy to wave your hands in a destructive manner, it is not a
good idea to wear the magic hat when it is not needed, despite the
wonderful feeling. " -- Gnome User's Guide