[Samba] Problem Seeing Linux Machine From Windows Machine

Barry Skidmore skidmore at mail.worldvenue.org
Sat Sep 21 02:39:00 GMT 2002

John,

The problem I seem to be having is that the members of the WORKGROUP
do not appear stabily:  they disappear and reappear when the WORKGROUP
window is refreshed over a span of about 5 minutes.  The Linux server
appears only rarily, so I am not surprised that I am having problems
seeing the Linux shares.

So, I am about to give up on doing things from the Windows side.  I
can exchange files back-and-forth between Linux and Windows from the
Linux side of things just fine.  To do this I am using a very nice
GUI called 'xSMBrowser', which I highly recommend.

On the other hand, if you have any other thoughts on this problem,
I might make one more attempt.

Barry