[Samba] Slow printer on samba 2.2.5

Rodrigo Sirio Coelho scoelho at yahoo.com.br
Fri Sep 20 14:35:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am with a very strange problem (to me, offcourse :)), I am using a Samba 2.2.5 on Suse 8.0 on a PIII 600 with 384MB RAM. Printers are configured via LPD to direct print (RAW) for the samba clients! the file access are fast using a Win98client ou Winxp Client!, but when we try to use the printers, take about 10 seconds to show the printer manager (win98), the traffic to send the spool to linux is very slow! about 10 minutes to send a 32MB spool file to linux!  DNS is all OK! Lmhosts is all OK, hosts is all ok! Anyone can help me?

Thank you

Rodrigo Coelho
Belo Horizonte - Brazil