[Samba] Samba PDC policy problem: User policies work; computer policies don't.

Ray Simard ray.simard at sylvan-glade.com
Fri Sep 20 09:35:16 GMT 2002

I hope someone can shine some light here.

Per the docs, the ntconfig.pol file resides in the netlogon share, and it
seems to work fine for any policies that pertain to a user or all users
(Default user). But nothing I've tried has gotten policies for computers to
work. Nothing that is set in the Default Computer policy has any effect at
all. I have rebooted the Windows box I'm using for test after putting an
updated ntconfig.pol in the netlogon share, but, again, only user changes
have any effect.

There's a setting in the computer polices for remote policy update, but if
that's where the system learns where to look, it seems like a standoff: until
it finds the policy data, it can't know where to look! Or do I have that all
wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Ray S.