[Samba] /etc/fstab

Axel Heinrici heinrici76 at gmx.de
Fri Sep 20 09:25:01 GMT 2002

Hi

On Friday 20 September 2002 09:52, Frank Matthieß wrote:

> Try smbfs. On Linux you have to setup a kernel with smb
> filesystem support. You need smbmount smbumount, which are in the
> "smbfs" packet on debian systems.
>
> The packet information give me the hint, that this is out of the
> samba source.

What do you mean by this? I really do not understand. A few days
ago I compiled samba-2.2.5. There is a configure option to also
compile smbmount.

> /etc/fstab:
> //awek-ref/Barzen /mnt/awek-ref/barzen smbfs
> rw,username=xxxxxx,password=xxxxxxxxxx,uid=1000,gid=1000

This may cause problems. At startup "mount -a" is called before
network is up (at least in some distributions). So better add the
"noauto"-option and mount the specific share later (after network
coming up) by a separate skript.
Quick and dirty way for KDE-users: add desktop icon of type "drive"
pointing to this fstab entry.

greetings
	Axel