[Samba] replacing the default samba clients on Windows platforms

Rajiv Dayal rdayal at netscape.com
Fri Sep 20 08:15:01 GMT 2002

I want to replace the default samba clients with the one that I can
build using the client code from samba.org along with some modifications
to it. Is this possible? This is for Windows 2000/XP/Me systems. I would
like to know how can I do that so that all applications like the Windows
Explorer or others using the Windows Common Open Dialog can still access
the files on the samba server using this modified client instead of the
default ones supplied along with these Windows systems?

thanks,
- Rajiv.