[Samba] /etc/fstab

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Fri Sep 20 07:53:01 GMT 2002

Freitag den 20.09.2002 um  8:55 CEST  +0200, schrieb cj:
> G'day all
> Is it possible to get fstab to mount a samba share?

Sure.
> I see it can mount nfs shares, but I need to know about samba shares

Try smbfs. On Linux you have to setup a kernel with smb filesystem
support. You need smbmount smbumount, which are in the "smbfs" packet on
debian systems.

The packet information give me the hint, that this is out of the samba
source.

/etc/fstab:
//awek-ref/Barzen /mnt/awek-ref/barzen smbfs   rw,username=xxxxxx,password=xxxxxxxxxx,uid=1000,gid=1000

--
Frank Matthieß                                          fm at Microdata-pos.de