[Samba] Problems Using SAMBA as Fileserver

Martin Elshuber e9825286 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Sep 19 12:22:00 GMT 2002

Hi!

I've set up Samba 2.2.5 as Fileserver, using w2k clients, and all works well, nearly!
But there is one Problem!

I cannot work with mp3-files!
I can play a mp3; I can copy a mp3; I can even delete a mp3; But it is not possible to rename a mp3 or change the TAG.

Everytime i try to do this, my w2k mashine says "Access denied! Mybe file open!", but no one works on this file (no winamp,
kazaa, ...)!
Trying to do this on a linux console works fine, too!

If the file has another extension i don't have any Problems.

I think this is a very strange Problem!
Perhaps someone has an idea how to slove this.

Thanks Martin