[Samba] about uidnumber

Koriun A. Margarian koriun at ipia.sci.am
Thu Sep 19 12:15:01 GMT 2002

Hello Frank,

FM> Donnerstag den 19.09.2002 um 13:58 CEST  +0200, schrieb Frank Matthieß:
>> Donnerstag den 19.09.2002 um 14:32 CEST  +0200, schrieb Koriun A. Margarian:
>> > Hello samba,
>> >
>> >   I have 2 question.
>> >
>> >   1. what is uidnumber ? where is it defined ?
>> >      I looked samba.schema, there is no definition, only
>> >      use. and as result openldap failed:
>> >
>> >               /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema: line
>> >               147: AttributeType not found: "uidNumber"
>>
>> You have to add samba.schema at the end of inlcudes in the slapd.conf.
>> Before this include there must be a line with inetorgperson.schema.

FM> Only one part. Sorry: The comment at the beginning of my samba.schema
FM> told me:

FM> ## Prerequisite schemas - uid (cosine.schema)
FM> ##                      - displayName (inetorgperson.schema)

FM> --
FM> Frank Matthieß                                          fm at Microdata-pos.de

Yes, i see that , but it say uid and displayName is in
cosine.schema and inetorgperson.schema. But it does not
mean, that uidNumber and gidNumber also there. They are in
nis.schema.

I want understand what is different ? why u have not problem
with uidNumber and gidNumber. May be you include nis.schema?
Then some one must correct documentation.

--
Best regards,
 Koriun                            mailto:koriun at ipia.sci.am