[Samba] Samba 3 alpha19 - some testing results and problems

sazari at worldbank.org sazari at worldbank.org
Thu Sep 19 09:05:01 GMT 2002

1. First of all, source/include/includes.h file contains wrong refence to file
popt.h. In supposed to be "popt/popt.h" instead of "popt.h".
After this correction source compiles OK.

2.After the installation on new alpha19 (I used alpha17 before) swat stopped
authenticating (I use same credentials for Samba 2.2.5 and samba 3 swat).

3. Samba-3 shares are accessible through Active Directory only when security is
SERVER. There is an option to choose ADS, but it is not documented and did not
work.

4. Printers are visible but can not be accessed.

Questions:
How to make SWAT authenticating on alpha19?
What is ADS type of security and how to configure it?
Is it possible to use AD group names when configuring admin/read/write lists on
Smaba -3 shares and printers?

Regards,
Sardar Azari.