[Samba] Request For Help With Samba Connectivity

John Benedetto jbenedet at unm.edu
Thu Sep 19 02:57:00 GMT 2002

When you post your smb.conf, it is nice to DELETE ANY COMMENTS, to save on
bandwith...

That said, you don't say that you have added the users to your smbpassword
file.  Do a man smbpasswd for more details.

Oh, and it can be confusing, but there are two things we're talking about
here... there is the smbpasswd command, which puts entries into the
smbpasswd file.  There are a number of useful docs that shipped with your
Samba distro; you may want to check them out if you have not already done
so...

- john

--On Wednesday, September 18, 2002 10:37 PM -0400 Shaun Bramley