[Samba] Solve of problem "network disks - lost connection under w2k and wxp"

Carl B. Constantine cconstan at csc.UVic.CA
Wed Sep 18 18:36:01 GMT 2002

* Vladimir I. Umnov (samba at ezmail.ru) wrote:
> Hello, Fredrik.
>

> FA> Ah.. So that's the reason for some of the problems.. Why can't samba
> FA> "correctly process nt status code"? Do you know?
> Samba process nt status code, but besides nt status code must die send
> many other commands, and there is no documention about this commands.
> But Microsoft KB article says, that only nt status code processed
> incorrectly. I think, this is a politics of Microsoft. They want kill
> free software!!!
>

> FA> Should it be a dword och a regular string in the registry?
> >From KB article:
> Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
> Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanworkstation\parameters
> On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:
> Value name: EnableDownLevelLogOff
> Data type: REG_DWORD
> Radix: Hexadecimal
> Value data: 1
> Quit Registry Editor.

What's the link to the KB article?

Also, this patch doesn't produce a single connect/disconnect like NT
does. This is unfortunate. However, the log files show that there is
always one over-riding connection with many connect/disconnect messages.
You can count them to determine amount of time people are logged on. Bit
of a pain, but it works.

--
Carl B. Constantine         University of Victoria
Programmer Analyst          http://www.uvic.ca