[Samba] Printing to file

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Sep 18 16:14:01 GMT 2002

I use lprng.

text:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/text:\
        mx#0:\
        :lp=/var/spool/lpd/text/textprint:\
        :if=/var/spool/lpd/text/filter:\
	:sh:

This works for me.
Make sure the file is permissive. Your printer daemon has to be able to
print to it.
The filter is a question. Since you aren't printing to a printer, you woon't
use the same filter you would use for a real print queue. What format will
the print job arrive in? What format do you want it to be once it is in the
file?
Run  checkpc -f to make sure things look right.
Don't forget, after you make these changes, you have to restart lpd.
Joel