[Samba] Novell vs Linux.

Casper Pedersen cp at c-note.dk
Wed Sep 18 15:05:01 GMT 2002

Bruno,

The way to do this is to use ConsoleOne -> Tools -> Schema Manager.

Create all the attributes
Name, ASN1 ID, Syntax *), Flags

*) eDirectory does not implement the same types as openLDAP, but "Case
Ignore String" should be good enough.

The create a class, which inherit "User" and add the previusly created
attributes. You might need to import RFC2307 (developer.novell.com) and
nov_inet.sch to get all the attributes.

Then it should work.

If you need more assistance, you can ask in the Novell Support forums:
support-forums.novell.com -> novell.support.ds.ldap.

Either that, or create a small program which imports the schema file......

Regards/Casper