[Samba] Novell vs Linux.

Bruno Gimenes Pereti pereti at ump.edu.br
Wed Sep 18 12:45:01 GMT 2002

> > This the attribute and object definition from samba.schema from
> > samba2.2.6pre CVS couple of weeks ago:
> > attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.7165.2.1.1 NAME 'lmPassword'
> [samba.schema]
> > [...]
> >
> > What does that mean?
> > I can connect, search LDAP from NDS with the tools provided by redhat
7.1
> > distribution...
> >
> > Sorry if I´m being boring but I really need Samba to work with NDS
> > eDirectory.
>
> You have to 'import' this definiton to your ldap server/nds server. There
> must be a way to import this schema.
>
> After that, you must be able to fill in data in ldap/nds.

I forgot to mention, I can import the definition from the file
rfc2307-usergroup.sch but I can´t import from the samba.schema. Certanly you
saw that the sintaxe of this files are completly different. NDS provides two
applications to import schema, they are "ndssch" and "ldapmodify". ndssch
can´t import samba.schema and ldapmodify uses another kind of file (ldif).

Do you know how can I do this?

Thank´s
Bruno Pereti.