[Samba] Novell vs Linux.

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Wed Sep 18 11:12:01 GMT 2002

Dienstag den 17.09.2002 um 17:41 CEST  +0200, schrieb Bruno Gimenes Pereti:
> > Samba is capable to authenicate against a ldap v3 server. For this ldap
> > version exist inside the samba source a "samba.schema" file.
> >
> > Last Saturday, Volker Lendecke (vl at samba.org)  was ask this question,
> > and he said: If there is no Problem with the ldap implementation of the
> > nds, there is no reason for samba not to authenticate against nds via
> > ldap, using the samba.schema.
>
> This the attribute and object definition from samba.schema from
> samba2.2.6pre CVS couple of weeks ago:
> attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.7165.2.1.1 NAME 'lmPassword'
[samba.schema]
> [...]
>
> What does that mean?
> I can connect, search LDAP from NDS with the tools provided by redhat 7.1
> distribution...
>
> Sorry if I´m being boring but I really need Samba to work with NDS
> eDirectory.

You have to 'import' this definiton to your ldap server/nds server. There
must be a way to import this schema.

After that, you must be able to fill in data in ldap/nds.

--
Frank Matthieß                                          fm at Microdata-pos.de