[Samba] [ smbfs ] Does it support ACLS?

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Wed Sep 18 07:58:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Edoardo Causarano wrote:

> ACL enabled network filesystem, where is it? I can't go with alpha code nfs4,
> so is there a patch to the smb kernel modules that provides support to ACLs?
> (I mean... the server does!!) Even a userland daemon will do... I'm ready to
> patch, test, anything to get NT4 off my back.

There are no patches I am aware of that adds ACLs to smbfs.
(how does an ACL enabled client help you with NT4?)

I have no intention of touching that until the ACL patches are accepted in
the main kernel (last I heard there was still some discussion on what the
right way(tm) to do it was). I simply don't have to time for that.

If someone else wants to, I do accept smbfs patches. Preferrably vs 2.5
for something this experimental.

/Urban