[Samba] preexec/postexec for login time statistics

Sapier sapier at gmx.net
Tue Sep 17 21:04:01 GMT 2002

Hello

When are preexec an postexec executed?

i've got a smb domain server running smb 2.2.5 with working roaming profiles

everything works fine except pre- and postexec

i tried using pre and postexec linked to the profile dir this way

/---smb.conf--- /

[profiles]
  path = /path
  read only = no
  browsable = no
  root preexec = "/usr/myskripts/loginlog --login %U %I %G"
  root postexec = "/usr/myskripts/loginlog --logout %U %I %G"

/---  ---/

so far so good as w2k seemed to disconnect the share very fast i
modified the skript that it should recognize the second "login - logout"
procedure as an logout but...

preexec is executed on domain login ok short time later it gets
disconnected and postexec is called

now the strange thing as i log out with w2k thus copying the profile
back to the server there is no login at the profiles share!

is w2k writing without beeing loged in to this share?
or is the postexec script executed at any other time than disconnect?
smbstatus tells me that the share is connected  all the time so thats
really strange to me

thx in advance
 Andreas Meisinger