[Samba] Long file names

Scott Mayo sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Tue Sep 17 18:05:14 GMT 2002

I have seen the post on the board a number of times about not be able to use
long file names with windows and samba.  I am having the same problems
logging my Windows 98 workstations into my samba server.  I always get
'access denied' when running a batch file that has a long file name.  It
will run executionables with long file names, but not batch files.  If I
logon to an NT 4.0 server it will run the long file named batch file on this
server. I was just curious if anyone knew what the problem was.

Scott Mayo
Tech Coordinator
Bloomfield Schools
PH:  (573) 568-4564