[Samba] vorkomg on vmware virtual machine

Arthur van Dorp arthur_vd at gmx.net
Tue Sep 17 17:55:00 GMT 2002

cferent wrote:
>   Do know a isue about Samba not working well an a vmware virtual
>   machine running on a Windows200 Server as host OS
>   Even if saw my virtual linux machine in Network Neighborhood i can't
>   acces it, I keep get an error message about not the network path been
>   invalid

I don't think anyone here ever tried to run samba on vmware. I think
there are a lot of possible issues with that. But if you really want to
do this, I'd suggest to give the virtual linux(?)-server a different
IP-Address than the windows machine it's running on. I don't know
whether that is easily possible with vmware but I'd say it's important
that the virtual machine is known on the intranet as an independent
machine. Probably you even have to have a separat physical network
interface. But I really can't see the point of this at all anyway.

Arthur