[Samba] broken pipe error

Brian Beaver beaverb at nexus.dmsc.k12.ar.us
Tue Sep 17 17:52:35 GMT 2002

I'm having a problem with a samba 2.0.10-0.7 server on Redhat 7.0 (kernel
2.2.17-8).. The error message when running smbclient is:

   added interface ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx bcast xxx.xxx.xxx.191
   nmask=255.255.255.192
   read_socket_with_timeout:timeout read. read error = Broken pipe.
   session request to *SMBSERVER failed (code 0)

Any idea what's broken?  This server is used almost exclusively for email
and web server, and I just inherited it :-(.  The school that this is
located at wants to setup business lab central file storage for students
to do their assignments - is why we're trying to set up Samba on it.

Thanks,

Brian Beaver, M.Ed. Technology Coordinator
DeQueen-Mena Educational Cooperative
305 S. Hornberg Ave., Gillham, AR 71841
870.386.2251  FAX:  870.386.7731