[Samba] user-mounts

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Tue Sep 17 17:51:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Axel Heinrici wrote:

> Other devices can be mounted when the mountpint just has the group
> of a user.

With the 'user' option you don't need group either.

> I can circumvent this by using sudo. Is there a solution to
> establish a fstab entry which can really be used by all users of a
> certain group?

You could use autofs to mount with group rwx when someone from that group
accesses (not sure how autofs allows limiting this, but you could put it
in a subdir that's chmod 0750).

This will be fixed so that smbfs is mounted like any other linux
filesystem, directly by mount, bringing the same rules with it. Code is
not really finished yet.

/Urban