[Samba] samba + unix passwd sync when using LDAP

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Sep 17 13:57:01 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 09:14, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that when using (on debian unstable, samba 3.0pre):
>
> 	passdb backend = ldapsam
>
> the "unix passwd sync" in no longer performed, even if "pam password
> change" is on.
are you sure?
I'm using the passwd chat dialog
and that works fine for me (ldap sam + samba3 PDC)

The only issue I notice is that changing passwords from a client
workstation makes the passwords expire after 21 days instead of the 42
specified in the poledit.msc app.

I haven't started messing with that yet.

brad