[Samba] samba bdc some questions

Axel Machens axel_machens at web.de
Tue Sep 17 12:50:02 GMT 2002

Hi Samba Admins,

I have some questions about samba function as BDC with Samba PDC.
In the last days, I begin some experiments with a Samba PDC and Samba BDC
(all with ldap support) the login authentication if the PDC is down works
fine, but
to save / load  the profiles when I login in BDC faild because, in ldap is
the Path
for profiles \\neptun\profiles\user.

Gives it a way, that the User who would like logon on Samba BDC find his
Profiles ?
I think the smb.conf entrys logon path, logon home are not more needet with
ldap
right ? But is there a trick like a %L option or so for my profiles in ldap
for netbios name ?
I make a \\%L\profiles\user. with pdbedit -p option but dose not work.

In some Dokus I found a smbpasswd -S option for a MACHINE.SID but I run
samba-3.0-alpha-19 and can´t find this option and *.SID, must I have the
MASHINE.SID on
alpha samba or not ?

I write a verry smal script, when a user is createt a new home drive on BDC
is up too.
But I ´m not a profi more a beginner :o), are there are some scripts to
handel a synchronisation
about shares for this ? (eg. a User update his profiles, and the script
backup this on BDC).
I can´t fond somthing in the net.

Ok thanks a lot

Axel