[Samba] Samba 2.2.0 error on AIX 4.3.3

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Tue Sep 17 11:57:00 GMT 2002

Dienstag den 17.09.2002 um 13:08 CEST  +0200, schrieb Robin Smith:

> Hi
>
> Can anyone help with the following error message please? If you do not use
> AIX have you seen anything similar on other OS?
>

> We are getting the following error message on Samaba 2.2.0 on AIX 4.3.3:-

Why you don't use an actual samba release?

> lib/debug check_log.size (437)
>
> File/var/samba/log.smbd failed - using console

I'm not very famliar with aix, but should the path /var/log/samba/...?
Do the dir /var/log/samba exist?

> write_socket_data: write failure. Error = Broken Pipe
>

> Can you help please?
>

> Robin Smith
> Reflex Data Systems Ltd
> Robin.smith at reflexdata.co.uk

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

No comment for this 'notice'...
Twice.

--
Frank Matthieß                                          fm at Microdata-pos.de