[Samba] Samba 2.2.x -- which is best for printing?

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Mon Sep 16 23:58:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Bunny Pfau wrote:

> Since there has been some discussion lately of bugs or possible
> bugs, I wanted to ask what might be the latest, best release of
> Samba 2.2.x that I should upgrade to.

Do you want printer driver download?  I would recommend
the upcoming 2.2.6 for that.  Event for file serving stability, i think
that will be a good release.  If you just need basic file/print,
2.2.5 has been well received.  You may want some of the patches
posted in

  http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp./patches/jerry/post-2.2.5/

though.

cheers, jerry