[Samba] 2.2.5/PDC Problem - Part 2

Steve Dannaway lists at mail.jmoutdoors.com
Mon Sep 16 22:39:00 GMT 2002

Problem 1 solved: Root logged in without a hitch

Problem 2 now exists
Now matter what I try, I cannot get a normal user account to log in.  I've
added the accounts in smbpasswd and passwd and still cannot log into the
domain.

Is there a special group that I need to create in /etc and a similar mapping
in my username map?  Could the files be locked to root and not be open to
other logins?

It's Samba 2.2.6pre2 on RH7.3.  I don't think the log is necessary here,
because I still haven't got users setup properly - if it's needed, I'll post
it in the morning.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve Dannaway  |  Director of Information Technology & General Counsel
 JM Associates  |  The Worldwide Leader in Outdoor Television