[Samba] Samba 2.2.x -- which is best for printing?

Bunny Pfau bunny at hao.ucar.edu
Mon Sep 16 22:23:01 GMT 2002

Since there has been some discussion lately of bugs or possible
bugs, I wanted to ask what might be the latest, best release of
Samba 2.2.x that I should upgrade to.

Here's my scoop:

Solaris 7 as Samba server, currently running 2.2.1
   ( authentication is handled through the Active Directory domain server)

Samba clients (~30) are most all Win2K PCs.. needing access simply for UNIX
file systems AND printers served from the Samba server.  NOTHing fancy.

My biggest concern is that I want the printer access to be most stable.
I probably don't/won't need to take advantage of any fancier features
that Samba has. So, to repeat, I am just comtemplating the best release for
file serving and print serving ability.

2.2.4? 2.2.5? 2.2.6?

Thanks for the help!
Bunny Pfau