[Samba] PDC

Philippe Joliet philippe.joliet at valain.com
Mon Sep 16 15:25:02 GMT 2002

Hello,

I've configured my samba as a PDC with the followinf smb.conf file but when I try to join the domain with a W2K or a winnt workstation, I just received a message telling me that the domain does not exist. Also I see the workgroup in the network neighborhood.
Any ideas? It will be helpful.

Thanks

# This is the main Samba configuration file. You should read the
# smb.conf(5) manual page in order to understand the options listed
# here. Samba has a huge number of configurable options (perhaps too
# many!) most of which are not shown in this example
#
# Any line which starts with a ; (semi-colon) or a # (hash)
# is a comment and is ignored. In this example we will use a #
# for commentry and a ; for parts of the config file that you
# may wish to enable
#
# NOTE: Whenever you modify this file you should run the command "testparm"
# to check that you have not made any basic syntactic errors.
#
#======================= Global Settings =====================================
[global]
ldapserver = ldap1.reseau.local
ldap port = 389
#ldap port = 8003
ldap suffix = "ou=people, dc=reseau, dc=local"
ldap admin dn = "cn=Manager, dc=reseau, dc=local"
#ldap passwd file = /etc/samba_tng/private/ldappasswd
ldap filter = (&(uid=globalphil)(objectclass=*))

#
#ldap passwd file = /usr/local/etc2/samba_2_2/private/ldappasswd
#  the ldap admin dn password is stored in secrets.tdb
#  and is set using " smbpasswd -w <passphrase> ".  It is no
#  longer stored in the smb.conf file.
#
# by default 'yes' or 'on'
# Define the SSL option when connecting to the directory
# 'off', 'start tls', or 'on'

ldap ssl = no

workgroup = Samba
netbios name = SambaPDC
comment = Samba normal sur openldap
security = user
null passwords = Yes
encrypt passwords = yes

# uncoment for HEAD code
#use spnego=no

logon drive = U:
logon path = \\%N\profiles\%g

domain master = yes
domain logons = yes
preferred master = yes
os level = 255

# we have other wins server (samba, of course)
#wins support = yes
wins support = no
wins proxy = no
wins server = 159.237.12.25