[Samba] 2.2.5/PDC Problem

Steve Dannaway lists at mail.jmoutdoors.com
Mon Sep 16 14:32:07 GMT 2002

I'm new to Samba (and relatively new to Linux itself), so please be gentle.
I'm running 2.2.5-1 on RH7.3 and I have it setup and running as a WINS
server and I would like to get it up and running as a PDC for my Win2K
environment.  I've searched the archives, followed the documentation from
samba.org and a few other books on Samba itself and I cannot get a Win2K
machine to log into the PDC.  My lone NT4 machine does not have this
problem, but Win2k constantly gives me the message:

 "No Mapping was done between User IDs and Security IDs"

I've searched this message on the archives and Google, and everything I've
found has not worked.  I have seen that this is a rather common problem (and
presumably simple to fix), but I've been at this for about a week now and I
am slowly pulling my hair out!  Would anyone be so kind as to kick me in the
right direction!
Steve Dannaway  |  Director of Information Technology & General Counsel
 JM Associates  |  The Worldwide Leader in Outdoor Television