[Samba] New users can not access servers behind Samba

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Mon Sep 16 14:22:01 GMT 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 09:50, Tom Davenport wrote:
> We are currently
> running an NT Domain with an NT Server doing authentications.  After an
> upgrade to Samba 2.2.5  any new users created can not access the the UNIX
> server behind Samba.  pre existing user created prior to the upgrade are
> seen fine but new users try to access the server and are greeted by a login
> screen that no login info will allow you past.  If anyone has seen this
> problem and solved it please let me know.  This situation is quickly
> becomming critical.
you're not providing much information here...

what is the SAM backend?
how are you adding users?
why do you think it is a samba problem?
what does the NT server say in it's logs?
what does the UNIX server say?
Which UNIX are you using (AIX, HPUX, BSD ...)
It sounds like you're using winbind are you sure you have it configured
correctly?
did you go through the troubleshooting document?

brad