[Samba] XP + SP1 + roaming profiles, working at our site

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Mon Sep 16 13:58:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 02:48, Marc Berenschot wrote:

> >Can someone help a beleagured (windows ignorant) unix nerd who is
> >forced
> >to support a couple of odd windows machines out? Where do I find this
> >on a windows 2000 professional machine? Alternatively, if this just
> >twiddles some reg key, can someone tell me what to do via regedit to
> >acheive the same thing?
>

> You do not need this on windows 2000. To get roaming profiles working
> there you need to add nt acl support = yes to the profile share.
> This is only for Win XP with SP1, since Microsoft made some changes
> there (asking for a SID when opening a profile).
I think you may have this backwards...

If I understand this correctly there are two possibilities
Samba domain controller
	nt acl support must be yes if you are using XPsp1.
	nt acl support can be yes if you are using XPrelease
	nt acl support can be yes if you are using win2kSP2
No samba domain controller
	nt acl support = no for win2ksp2 and XPrelease
	for XPsp1 you must apply the group policy change to log on.

brad