[Samba] XP + SP1 + roaming profiles, working at our site

Marc Berenschot berensch at cs.utwente.nl
Mon Sep 16 06:50:01 GMT 2002

>Can someone help a beleagured (windows ignorant) unix nerd who is
>forced
>to support a couple of odd windows machines out? Where do I find this
>on a windows 2000 professional machine? Alternatively, if this just
>twiddles some reg key, can someone tell me what to do via regedit to
>acheive the same thing?

You do not need this on windows 2000. To get roaming profiles working
there you need to add nt acl support = yes to the profile share.
This is only for Win XP with SP1, since Microsoft made some changes
there (asking for a SID when opening a profile).

Marc.

Marc Berenschot                       	Email: berensch at cs.utwente.nl
UNIX Systeembeheerder			Phone: 053 4894615