[Samba] Enforcing file access with ACL?

Ron Bhanukitsiri ronby at cox.net
Mon Sep 16 05:52:00 GMT 2002

I'm running Samba v2.2.5 with ACL support for xfs from SGI
on modified Redhat Linux 6.2 running Linux kernel 2.4.19
with xfs filesystem support.  Samba is running in domain
mode and my PDC is an NT 4.0 SP6 server.  I'm using a
Win2K Professional (a member of the domain) to test things
out.

I have no problem setting ACL to a file from the Win2K PC.
For example, I allow only Read (RX) access to the file foo.txt
for user Emily.  Emily has R/W access to the share.  Thus, xfs
seems to be storing the info in the xfs filesystem correctly.
After Emily is logged onto the doamin (via the Win2K Prof PC),
Emily to **write** to the file.  This is not the correct behavior.

What am I doing wrong?  I've attached my smb.conf.  Do I
have to enable the "nt acl support" option?

Thanks,
Ron B[ee]