[Samba] XP + SP1 + roaming profiles, working at our site

Marc Berenschot berensch at cs.utwente.nl
Sun Sep 15 18:25:01 GMT 2002

We also run into the roaming profile problem. Microsoft advised us to
do the following:

------
This extra check can be disabled by setting the following Policy
setting:
Open the Group Policy editor. Browse to: Computer Configuration =>
Administrative Templates => System => User Profiles The option "Do not
check
for user ownership of Roaming Profile Folder" can be enabled or
disabled.
(The default is disabled)

Note that if you want to add this policy to the Active Directory you
will
have to create the GPO from a Windows XP workstation.
------

It works on our site now, so we can both use win2k (SP3) and XP (SP1)
with roaming profiles on a Solaris Samba server without winbind.

Marc Berenschot.