[Samba] RE: Major Printing Failure Problem

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Sat Sep 14 11:35:01 GMT 2002

Kevin Bramblett wrote on "samba-digest":

 > Message: 5
 > Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:32:43 -0500
 > From: Kevin Bramblett <kbramblett at dssresearch.com>
 > To: samba at lists.samba.org
 > Subject: [Samba] RE: Major Printing Failure Problem
 >
 > This happens a lot when using Adobe Acrobat.  I got another error today
 > that says:
 >
 > ERROR: undefined
 > OFFENDING COMMAND: execform
 >
 > STACK:
 >
 > -dictionary-
 > -savelevel-
 > -savelevel-
 > -savelevel-
 > -savelevel-
 >
 > This is on the Xerox 440.  If this is a postscript error,

It *is* a PostScript error.

 > where do I go
 > make the changes?

Open the "Printers" folder on the client machine. Select printer. Righ-click,
select "Properties". Look for the Item "PostScript options". Here you'll
(possibly) find the "PostScript Language Level" selection and (surely) the
"PostSript Output Option" selection. On the latter, de-select "Optimized for
Speed"

The exact place to find it might differ between NT, W2K and XP Adobe PS
driver variants....

(My description is from memory; my MS Win system is German; the phrases above
are my own translations....)