[Samba] printing in dos slows

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sat Sep 14 08:18:01 GMT 2002

I don't know anything about dos printing.

Frequently odd delays like this are due to attempts of the windows client
to authenticate in ways that samba is not expecting or supporting.

Or, there may be a name resolution problem and the delay you see is a
timeout waiting for a non-existent host to respond.

I have had success using tcpdump to track down this sort of problem.

Have you looked in the samba logs?

Joel