[Samba] MySQL access

Justin Hannus jhannus at visualconceptsinc.com
Fri Sep 13 17:34:01 GMT 2002

You can install the mysqlclient for Windows on your windows box and you shouldn't even need samba to access it from the windows prompt just like you do on linux.

To connect to another mysql host (default port:3306) on any network with mysqlclient:
      mysql -u <username> -h <hostname> -p

then enter your password (provided you have the mysql users name and password, privileges set up correctly) and you'll get the same mysql prompt that you get on your local machine. Hope this helps.

So, I've been trying to configure my samba on SuSE/8.0 also with no luck what-so-ever. I can see my linux box in "My Network Places" from my Win2K box but can't access anything. I get the error message:
   \\Linux is not accessable. Network path not found

Can you share some insight as to how you got your suse 8.0 box up with samba????