[Samba] Samba PDC with Windows 2000 Clients

Fisher, Theresa theresaf at prophetsys.com
Fri Sep 13 16:31:00 GMT 2002

I have a Samba PDC set up with Windows 2000 clients. I also have a
database running on the samba server. The database loads on boot as a
service. I have several shares set up. One group setup with two users.
The database holds information about the files on the server in the
shares. The shares have group rights. I have also set the SGID on the
Entire directory for that group. The umask of the users in the group are
set to 0002 so any file created should have the rights of rw-rw-r but
when writing to the database and adding the file to the network the file
gets the rights of rw-r-r-this is a problem as the group needs write
rights to change the file. I have tried adding the rights to the group
in windows and it does not hold. Does anyone know how I can fix this
issue?

Thanks

Theresa Fisher
www.prophetsys.com