[Samba] Trouble with 2.2.3a and Win2K, Please help

Justin Hannus jhannus at visualconceptsinc.com
Fri Sep 13 15:45:01 GMT 2002

Forgive me if this particular topic has been covered a gazillion times, I've searched the list but to no avail.
I've been pulling my hair out for the past few days trying to configure samba on my SuSE/8.0 box and my Win 2000 box.

I have the linux box's icon come up in "My Network Places" under the right workgroup but when I double click on it I get the following error message:
    "\\Linux was not accessable. The network path was not found"

I think that this might have something to do with my shares, to debug I made to most vanilla smb.conf so almost anyone can access but still get the same error message.

Can someone help me out, point me to some good links (probably already read all the ones I can find from Google) or post an smb.conf that works with windows 2000???? All help is appreciated!

Justin Hannus
Lead Programmer/Web Development
jhannus at visualconceptsinc.com
www.visualconceptsinc.com